Storage and Treatment Plant ASCA
Acceptance criteria for mineral waste
Terms of Delivery:
- Material can be delivered at the plant in covered skips or articulated lorries. The weight determined at the weighbridge on arrival will form the basis for the invoicing.
- Material dimensions and qualities are to be fixed with ASCA. The material must be delivered in solid consistency. If the liquid content exceeds the retention capacity of the material it can only be delivered to the plant in leak-proof skips. Waste that contains volatile pollutants has to be delivered and stored in closed skips.
- The material has to be free from foreign matter and from explosives, chemical or biological weapons and radioactive substances as well as from genetically modified cells, viruses, bacteria, spores and other pathogens. Material intended for bioremediation may not contain substances inhibiting degradation processes (e.g. antibiotics, pesticides etc.).
- On delivery, materials will be subject to inspection to verify the waste transfer documents. ASCA reserves the right to accomplish additional controls and to reject material that is wrongly declared or is not conform to the requirements specified above.
- A maximum quantity of 1,000 t can be delivered to the plant in any one day. Should treatment/remediation only or temporary storage have been agreed, a maximum of 1,000 t per day will be loaded by ASCA for pick-up by the client.
Delivery or reloading can take place Mondays to Fridays from 0700 to 1700 hours.
Delivery and/or pick-up appointments can be arranged with Mr. Kurpierz, Mr. Beba or Mr. Necker (Fon: +49 – (0)241 – 900 32 60).
Chemical and Physical Material Properties:
(subject to alterations)
|Petroleum Hydrocarbons (TPH) C10-C40||[mg/kg]||max. 150,000|
|Benzene, Toluene, Ethylbenzene, Xylenes (BTEX)||[mg/kg]||max. 10,000|
|Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons (PAH) EPA||[mg/kg]||max. 10,000|
|Cyanide total||[mg/kg]||max. 1,000|
|PCB DIN 51527||[mg/kg]||max. 500|
Sampling and Analysis
Analyses result reports of an accredited chemical laboratory are required before any waste can be accepted. The scope of the analysis / required suite of parameters is dependent on the type and origin of the waste, and the intended treatment and recovery.
The client guarantees that the analysis results presented to ASCA are based on a representative sample of the material. The client also guarantees that the material delivered to the facility is only impacted by parameters determined in this representative sample.
ASCA reserves the right to request that a representative sample of the material is provided by the client.
Documentation according to Waste Legislation:
For the acceptance of mineral waste from foreign EU countries the procedures according to the Regulation (EC) No 1013/2006 on shipments of waste has to be followed.
Material in temporary storage at our facility will remain the client’s property throughout the storage period.